Saturday, August 14, 2010

trust

I picked up the trapeze handle the other day it just fell off into my hand. The cable had rusted through. I decided to buy all new standing rig, after consulting with the Hobie forum. The normal suggestion was to replace every 3 years or so.
I also bought a few quick-release shackles and pins to replace poorly working ones.
The entire kit was $350., and I ordered it from Sailsport Marine in Traverse City, MI.

The new rigging is slightly different than the old ones, creating a much greater mast rake. The forestay is longer and the shrouds are shorter. This seems to be an acceptable alteration of the original design. It seems that the new boats are set up this way.

I'll include more information on the mast raking and the feeling of trust apparent or lacking in this situation and in relation to the rest of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment